Thursday, June 27, 2013

I love to run


This statement couldn't be more true. Running is my therapy. I have always WANTED to run. Watched other people running down the road and thought that looks great. I wish I was doing that. I was not a "natural runner" and it never was just easy. I tried many a time, wasn't very good at it and left it again still watching those other runners longingly.


It wasn't until after I had my second daughter that I picked up running. Running was therapeutic for me. Let's face it I needed any release I could get. I left my ex-husband for the second time when I was six months pregnant with Ella. I didn't know what the hell I was going to do or how I was going to do it but I knew it was not the right situation for me or my kids to stay. So raising two little girls completely on my own has been extremely stressful, tiresome and scary at times.

Like alot of other people running is my "me time". Even greater than that of any other exercise, for someone that shas struggled with body issues most of my life, it was something far beyond losing weight and burning calories that made it appealing. It was the push to see what my body could do and how far I could go, the time to have all the anxiety and worry of the day set aside and the fun of exploring places you drive by everyday but seeing how differently they look on foot and saying I never noticed that before. Sometimes I will listen to music either spiritual and uplifting or something with a pumping beat to push me on. Sometimes there is nothing better than the silence and listening to the rhythm of your feet padding along against the pavement and getting lost in your thoughts. I love the running community and reading each and every story of why they run and what it does for them and how racing events are put together for good causes.

After running my very first race last November I was hooked. I absolutely love it.

I was that person running down the road that I always envied. It was the first time I ever did anything for my body that was related physical appearance driven. My body was stronger than ever after having two babies, I was stronger than ever after having two babies. No one could take that away from me. It was such a liberating feeling.


How has running inspired you? How or why did you start running?

No comments:

Post a Comment